Obama on gay adoption
yeah totally ruining this country what a horrible guy
Fun fact: Obama has attempted to fix almost everything that he promised to fix, but the republicans have voted almost all of his bills out of congress. He’s not the problem.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS^
even if you don’t live in canada, you could have canadian followers, don’t you dare scroll past this.
You can always check missingkids.com/amber for active Amber alerts before spreading false ones.
this is so awesome because usually the model for the type is super skinny but this I can actually use God bless.
This is also super great because the three main body types focused on in stuff like this are triangle, hourglass, and figure 8. It’s nice to see examples of my body type for a change.
reblogging for the type of language they use
Audrey says “fuck your gender roles”
This movie is super underrated.
Audrey is so underrated. How can you not love her?
I have a love-hate relationship with this movie.
On one hand it’s got awesome PoC characters who defy racial and gender stereotypes. It also discusses colonialism and how people tend to destroy indigenous cultures to obtain land and resources (which is why the crew ultimately decided a to pretend they never found Atlantis because they don’t want anyone else to try and destroy the culture).
But on the other hand, the whole plot is that Atlantis needs a white, cishet man to save it from extinction and for some reason he understand their culture and language better than they do.
hEY FUCK YOU OKAY
MILO WAS THE ANTITHESIS OF WHITE SAVIOR
HE WAS A NERDY USELESS LITTLE SHIT WHO WAS COWARDLY UNTIL OTHERS FORCED HIM TO ACT
HIS ONLY STRENGTHS WERE HIS MIND AND HIS ETHICS
HE WAS THE PERFECT DUDE FOR THE JOB AND THE REASON HE KNEW BETTER WAS BECAUSE HE RIGOROUSLY STUDIED TEXTS THAT HAD BEEN LOST OR DESTROYED IN ATLANTIS BECAUSE KIDA’S FATHER INTENTIONALLY LET HIS KINGDOM LAPSE INTO DECAY AND OBSCURITY
DO NOT PULL THAT WHITE SAVIOUR BULLSHIT BECAUSE MILO WAS A DAMN GOOD DUDE
‘But on the other hand, the whole plot is that Atlantis needs a white, cishet man to save it from extinction’ - only because another white cishet man tried to destroy it in the first place (ie the greatest colonialism metaphor in any Disney film ever); and anyway, it was the city’s natural defences that really saved it, helped by Kida’s sacrifice, and neither the city nor Kida was a white cishet man. Milo helped, sure, but he’s hardly the sole reason that Atlantis survived.
‘for some reason he understand their culture and language better than they do’ - this was also a metaphor of sorts for the degradation of culture over time, and the necessity of preserving it. It represented how cultures often fall into decline if they’re not kept alive by those who practice it (in Atlantis, Kida’s ol’ man doesn’t bother to ensure that their language is taught, and so it disappears). This has happened numerous times in the real world - look at all the dead languages that now have no native speakers and are only spoken and written by scholars, linguists and archaeologists, like Milo.
You can’t really call ‘white saviour’ on a film where the main antagonist is a white colonialist and the majority of the heroes responsible for the narrative resolution (Milo, Kida and arguably the city itself) are not even white, and where all instances of colonialism and imperialism are portrayed in a hugely negative light, with cultural integrity and respect placed on a deserving ideological pedestal.
50 Shades of Abuse Flyer - Canada
Use, redistribute, print.
Click image and magnify for large version.
Okay. I understood all the flack Twilight got for being an abusive relationship. Because it was and it was being read by a very young and impressionable audience. But ffs, 50 Shades is an ADULT NOVEL. Iit is about a BDSM couple. Which - newsflash - do exist. It is a completely consensual form of dominate/submissive sex play. The whole concept of domestic violence and abuse is that one side exerts control over an unwilling victim. I don’t recall Anastasia, or whatever she’s called, protesting to Christian’s form of sex. If I remember correctly, she quite enjoyed it! So before you condemn a work of romanticizedfiction, actually consider it’s audience and remember that they are mature and capable enough to know the difference between reality and fiction.
so i guess you didn’t read the parts where he coerces her and the part where he continues after she has used her safeword and acts like a fucking creep whenever they aren’t having sex
it is the worst possible introduction to BDSM i could imagine
i know my shit okay
im hoping the people defending this book are 1. never getting into BDSM 2. not currently into BDSM 3. havent read the book bc i dont want to believe anyone is that fucking stupid
knowledge on you right now.
Wanna know the BDSM mantra? Safe, sane, consensual.
So let me explain why this book was devoid of all three of these things.
Safe - In the first few chapters of the novel, Christian Grey tracks Ana’s cell phone to find her at a club. Takes her home when she’s drunk, changes her when she’s so intoxicated she doesn’t remember him doing so,and informs her he will be keeping tabs on her for her own benefit. This is not the behaviour of a respectable Dominant. This is the behaviour of a power hungry, abusive asshole who really can’t take no for an answer.
Sane - One of the most important parts of BDSM is aftercare. Scenes can be extremely traumatizing and intense for the submissive. Aftercare is anything from petting to cuddling to holding to sweet talking, whatever degree of gentleness a bottom would need to pull them out of “subspace”. How does Christian provide aftercare? He submits Ana to a traumatizing first time spanking experience AND THEN FUCKING LEAVES. AND GETS MAD THAT SHE DIDN’T TELL HIM SHE WAS UPSET. He’s the one who should fucking know better! That, again, is not the act of a responsible Dominant. It’s the act of a selfish abuser.
Consensual - Did I mention he undressed her when she was belligerently drunk? Tracked her phone to locate her? He also buys her a new car despite her saying no countless times. Now, consent is important for any kind of sexual activity at all. Consent means informed, consent means enthusiastic. Informed, enthusiastic consent. This is crucial in a BDSM setting. Scenes can be extremely intense, especially for the bottom. What is Christian’s form of obtaining consent? Handing Ana a fucking contract highlighting all the things he wants to do her asshole and asking her to sign it. She was a virgin (Don’t even get me fucking started.) who had never before been exposed to BDSM. Entering in that kind of relationship takes a gargantuan amount of trust and knowledge so you know exactly what you’re getting into. Not reading a list of kinks on a piece of paper and signing your rights to say no away. Christian didn’t offer her resources, he didn’t offer her information. He gave her an ultimatum. That is not the sort of consent a responsible Dom/me would seek from their submissive.
Fuck. This. book. It’s written in a shitty way, it’s a terrible example of a BDSM relationship (ask anybody already involved in the lifestyle and watch them go blue in the face just thinking about it), which is already faced with enough prejudice and misunderstand, and it romanticizes and glorifies abuse.
And this post is going into my bookmarks, because it is beautiful.
What scares me most is the fact that people, misinformed and ignorant people, will now try to enter the community/find play partners with the dangerous ideas of what BDSM is. They won’t respect a sub, they won’t listen.
And that can seriously hurt people. People can DIE.
Shopping for clothes when you have big boobs is normally really annoying esp when you like drapey things or want something that cinches at the waist cause you always get stuff like this
when the hell did this get over a thousand notes
Christ this speaks to me on an emotional level
this speaks to me on everything level
”THROUGH A RAPIST’S EYES” (PLS TAKE TIME TO READ THIS. it may save a life.) Reblog this!
It seems that alot of attackers use some tactic to get away with violence. Not many people know how to take care of themselves when faced with such a
situation. Everyone should read this especially each n every girl in this world. THOUGHT THIS WAS GOOD INFO TO PASS ALONG…
FYI - Through a rapist’s eyes! A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
1] The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle.
They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun! , braid, or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
2] The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.
3] They also look for women using their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.
4] The number one place women are abducted from / attacked at is grocery store parking lots.
5] Number two is office parking lots/garages.
6] Number three is public restrooms.
7] The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to a second location where they don’t have to worry about getting caught.
8] If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9] These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas,or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.
10] Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it.
POINTS THAT WE SHOULD REMEMBER:
1] If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it, or make general small talk:
can’t believe it is so cold out here, we’re in for a bad winter. Now that you’ve seen their faces and could identify them in a line- up, you lose appeal as a target.
2] If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell Stop or Stay back! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would
not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
3] If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yelling I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
4] If someone grabs you, you can’t beat them with strength but you can do it by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and
armpit or in the upper inner thigh - HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it; it really hurts.
5] After the initial hit, always go for the groin. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you’ll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our
instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause him a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble, and he’s out of there.
6] When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using
much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.
7] Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts. You may feel
little silly at the time, but you’d feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
FINALLY, PLEASE REMEMBER THESE AS WELL ….
I know you are smart enough to know these pointers but there will be some, where you will go “hmm I must remember that” After reading forward it to someone you care about, never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do it.
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans : if a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you…. chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or
purse than you and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side,put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU CLOSE the DOORS , LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a. Be aware: look around your car as someone may be
hiding at the passenger side , peek into your car, inside the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. ( DO THIS TOO BEFORE RIDING A TAXI CAB) .
b. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it’s better safe than sorry.
If u have a heart or compassion reblog this post.
‘Helping hands are better than Praying Lips’ – give us your helping hand.
REBLOG THIS AND LET EVERY GIRL KNOW
ATLEAST PEOPLES WILL KNOW WATS GOIN IN THIS WORLD.
So please reblog this….Your one reblog can Help to spread this information.
I hope you all will Reblog. Lets See how many of you really care for this.
DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT REBLOGGING THIS! IT COULD ACTUALLY SAVE A LIFE.
seriously guys, I googled “through a rapists’s eyes” and the Snopes article was the first result. It literally took me 10 seconds. This post is actually a compilation of two different chain emails (here’s the second one) that have been going around for years, and contains some problematic tips/false statistics. Allow me to paraphrase/quote the relevant points from both Snopes articles (see the articles for sources/more info)
- First suspicious thing about this post: there’s no info about the study/interviewer, no name, nothing. Where’s the sources??
- People in law enforcement have never noticed a trend in hair styles or general appearance of rape victims.
- Statistics in studies don’t support the grocery stores or parking lots being the most unsafe places. Any place that’s heavily frequented by foot traffic is way less likely to be chosen by a rapist, and likewise a badly-lit, less-frequented place will be favored.
- According to 1995 DOJ stats, weapons were used in 30% of all rapes. Fighting an armed attacked while you’re unarmed is unwise.
- “If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.” This is assuming you can predict the reaction an attacker will have to you fighting back:
- Generally speaking, rapists fall into 3 motivational types: anger, power, and sadism. The angry ones are getting even for some wrong they feel has been done to them by the victim or by life in general. Their attack is usually impulsive and unpremeditated, but violent. An angry attacker might be discouraged by a potential victim who yells or puts up a struggle since the attack is unplanned and they may change their mind given resistance. However, their rage might be fed by resistance, making it worse. The attackers motivated by power are assaulting people as a form of compensation for being unsure of their competence. Sexual assault gives them a sense of mastery and control. They usually hunt for victims or seize opportunities that present themselves. They’re unlikely to be discouraged by resistance because their whole self-image is wrapped up in their attempt to prove mastery. Someone fighting off an attacker like this better do a damn good job cause you could end up fighting for your life. The sadistic type of rape is “eroticized aggression perpetrated by those whom the act of forcible sex excites in ways that consensual sex can’t”. A sadistic rapist is interested in inflicting pain and lasting harm. Any acts of aggression from the victim could add to the attacker’s enjoyment, prompting them to more depravity in order to provoke more resistance.
- The elbow is NOT the strongest point on your body - that would be the knee. If you happen to have an arm free to whack your attacker in the face with your elbow, will it be hard enough to incapacitate them? If not, what next? Will they be down long enough for you to get away? If they have a weapon will they still be able to use it?
- The tip about throwing your purse/wallet is very situational. If someone is truly more interested in your money than you, they’ll grab your crap and run instead of staying to hurt you when it doesn’t benefit them. If you deliberately toss your wallet aside, your attacker could perceive it as disrespect or non-cooperation and be provoked into attacking you. And if they do intend to hurt you, throwing your purse rids you of a potential defensive weapon.
- The tail lights of most modern cars are not accessible from the trunk, assuming the unlikely situation that you have been put in the trunk of a car AND your arms and feet are unbound, which is unlikely. Better to look for the glow-in-the-dark trunk release tabs put into most newer vehicles. Also, you could try feeling around for a knob or lever to push down the back seat and get out that way.
- There is no one right answer to the question of fighting back or not. One particular rapist might run away if you fight, whereas another one might kill you for it. Not all rapists can be overcome.
- The best defense to an attempted rape is to not be there for it to happen - avoid dangerous situations or run like hell if you end up in one. Escaping your attacker is a wiser decision than trying to fight them.
- Crashing your car in order to escape may not work if they’re in the passenger seat - they will also have an air bag. Getting untangled from a deployed airbag isn’t easy or fast, so this may not work as an escape method.
- Most serial killers don’t grab women from parking lots and chuck them in vans; they hunt for victims according to their own personal rituals. Some drive around looking for hitchhikers, or seek solitary travelers at rest stops, or go after late night gas station and corner store clerks, or troll areas frequented by sex workers, or break into houses they previously saw their intended victim enter, or place ads in newspapers luring victims in with deals or job offers, or hang around lonely spots with personal meaning to them. Each serial killer has their own method of finding victims and it’s unique to that killer.
- Someone looking for a victim at a mall is rather unlikely to be doing so by waiting patiently inside their car for whoever is parked beside them to come back. They could be left there waiting for hours only to find their intended victim coming back with three friends or coming back when there’s tons of other people around.
- Elevators are better trafficked and more public than stairwells but still pose a risk because they don’t allow for escape - once the doors close, you’re stuck there until they open again. Don’t get into an elevator if you’re at all unsure of the people in it or the people waiting to get into it. If you’re unsure, wait for the next car.
- The bit about a shooter hitting a running target only 4 in 100 times has no statistical backing. Someone wielding a gun in close proximity to you likely has a greater chance to hit you than 1 in 25. And even if it’s not in a “vital organ”, getting shot anywhere is likely to cause enough pain and damage to severely hamper your escape attempt.
- Ted Bundy didn’t always pose as someone in need of help. While he did do so sometimes, he was intelligent and charming with well-honed people skills and varied his mode of getting victims.
- Good advice from this post: stay aware of your surroundings. Those looking to prey upon others usually choose those who appear preoccupied or tentative over those who exude a sense of purpose. Keep your head up and look around when approaching your car. Be aware to the presence of others when taking the stairs alone and exit onto the nearest floor if unsure about someone’s behavior. Don’t use a stairwell alone if the doors lock behind you, preventing you from exiting anywhere but at the ground floor.
- Also good advice is looking inside your car (especially the back seat) before getting in to make sure no one is hiding in there, and driving away immediately after getting into your car. Another good habit to get into is locking your car door immediately upon getting in.
- More good advice from here: keeping in mind that people aren’t always what they appear to be. Again, stay alert. When you’re around strangers, allow for the possibility of being deceived rather than let yourself be lulled into a false sense of security by the other person’s apparent limitations.